There is not much that tastes better than juicy, flavorful grilled steak. Add some spices, tequila, veggies, and a tortilla, and you’ve got the perfect do-it-yourself Mexican dish – fajitas! You can substitute chicken, pork, or shrimp, but steak fajitas take the cake in our book. Olé and happy grilling!
Steak Fajitas (by Nibble Me This)
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Fajitas:
- 1 1/2 lb flat iron steak, flank steak, or skirt steak
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- flour tortillas, shredded cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, and/or your favorite toppings
1. Whisk together all marinade ingredients.
2. Set aside 2-3 tablespoons of the marinade. Use the rest to marinate the steak and veggies for 1-2 hours.
3. Grill the steak over direct heat at 500°F for 4-5 minutes per side.
4. Add the veggies to a griddle for during the last two minutes of cooking. You can sear the steak over the grill while you cook the veggies on the griddle at the same time. You could also use a small cast iron skillet as your “griddle” for the veggies.
5. Thinly slice the steak and assemble with the toppings you like. Enjoy!