This twice-baked potato does not actually have pimento cheese in it, but it tastes just as creamy as if there were. This comfort food side dish is the perfect accompaniment to a juicy grilled steak or smoky ribs. Happy grilling!
Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes (by Nibble Me This)
- 2 medium-large baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
For the stuffing:
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon diced roasted red pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon finely diced cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon finely diced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Thoroughly wash and dry potatoes. Rub with oil and salt.
- Wrap in foil and bake in an oven at 400°F until done, about 1 hour. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- For each potato, cut off the top quarter (long ways). Remove and discard the peel from that piece and keep the pulp in a bowl. Using a melon baller or large spoon, scoop out the potato pulp and add to the bowl.
- Add the remaining stuffing ingredients, except the butter, to the bowl and thoroughly mix together, smashing with a fork. Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells.
- Top with a little extra shredded cheese and drizzle with butter.
- Cook the stuffed potatoes on an indirect grill (or oven) preheated to 350°F until cooked through, about 20 minutes if warm, about 30 minutes if made ahead of time and refrigerated. Enjoy!