We know that our grills are used by cooks of all experience levels, and even the best grillmasters are not infallible. Check out this easy-to-read diagram outlining the best tips to keep grilling newbies (and experts, too!) from committing any rookie mistakes. Follow these golden rules, and your friends and family will wonder how you got to be so talented with a spatula. Happy grilling!
Monthly Archives: July 2013
In honor of our upcoming Independence Day, we’ve selected a patriotic recipe that incorporates the colors of our nation’s flag. The red of the raspberry jam, the white of the brie and goat cheese, and the blue of the blueberries mix together to yield a veritable symphony of flavors that will leave you begging for more on July 5th. Happy 4th of July, and happy grilling!
Red White & Blue Grilled Cheese (by Ari of Ari’s Menu)
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 oz goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 small handfuls fresh blueberries
- 2 oz light brie cheese, sliced, rinds removed
- Preheat your grill to medium-low. Heat a griddle or nonstick pan.
- Spread 2 slices of bread with 1 tbsp each of jam. Spread remaining two pieces with softened goat cheese (evenly divide the 1 1/2 oz between the two slices). Place a handful of blueberries on each goat cheese slice and lightly press the berries into the cheese. Top each with 1 oz sliced brie. Place the jam side on top.
- Grill until the bottom is browned, about 5-7 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until both sides are browned and cheese is fully melted, about an other 5-7 minutes. Serve immediately.